Inviting all students ages 11 up to become certified in First Aid and CPR. All classes are held at Beachwood High School Natatorium.
Who should attend:
- Any student ages 11-14 who needs safety skills around water.
- Students in need of their First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Any student who wishes to use this class to help prepare for the Lifeguard class (can be scheduled week(s) apart).
- Any person who wishes to be employed by age 15 as a Lifeguard. There is a high demand for Lifeguards year round.
- Offered for all students 11-14 years of age.
- 200-300 yard continuous swim using front crawl and backstroke.
- Tread water by only using legs for 1-2 minutes.
- Swim 20 yards, surface dive and retrieve a 10-pound object from a depth of 7 to 10 feet. Return to the surface and swim back to the starting point.
CLASS SIZES ARE LIMITED SO ACT QUICKLY
Pre-Lifesaving with First Aid and CPR certifications.
Policies for Pre and Lifesaving classes:
No refunds but credits offered if a no-show and class numbers greater than 10 in the class registered. No make-ups offered unless the pool is closed due to unforeseen circumstances. No refunds or make-ups if the student was a no-show for one of the classes.
ALL CLASSES ARE AT BEACHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL NATATORIUM:
Sat Jan 26th 930am-330pm
Sat Feb 2nd 930am-330pm
Fri Mar 8th 330pm-830pm
Sat Mar 9th 9am-4pm
Fri Apr 12th 330pm-830pm
Sat Apr 13th 9am-4pm
Fri May 10th 330pm-830pm
Sat May 11th 9am-4pm